>David Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I assume this is due to an openssl problem, so as an experiment I
>> compiled freeradius to use the current openssl libraries for all
modules
>> (configure --with-openssl-libraries=...
--with-openssl-includes=...).

>  Did you do "make distclean", or delete the old source tree, and
>create a new one from the tar file?  If not, it will still pick up
>portions of the old "configure" process.

Yes, and then I specified the new openssl installation with the
appropriate configure parameters and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but even then
lsof shows that radiusd is using a mixture of openssl libraries. I see
libcrypto and libssl being read from both /lib and
/usr/local/openssl/lib (where openssl current is installed). Running
strings on radiusd shows libssl.so.2 and libcrypto.so.2 being
referenced. These symlinks exist in /lib but not in
/usr/local/openssl/lib, so I suspect that's why radiusd is opening the
libraries there, but why are these showing up in the executable when
I've told configure where to find openssl?

I remain where I was originally. If I use openssl from the RedHat
distribution as the default and mangle the Makefiles for eap-tls and
eap-ttls to use the newer libraries, eap and ldap authentication work
happily together, but I can't secure the ldap connection.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html