On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Kostas Zorbadelos wrote:

> At Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:44:52 +0300 (EEST),
> Kostas Kalevras wrote:
> >
> > Well now that i think of it, the module can't really help you on that subject.
> > But in any case you can check the comments in the latest radiusd.conf, it's now
> > part of the stable modules list.
> >

> Is it in 0.9.3 release or in the cvs snapshot?

I think it's in raddb/experimental.conf in the 0.9.3 release
In the latest cvs snapshot it's in radiusd.conf

> > As for your problem, you can just always set Simultaneous-Use = 1. For ISDN you
> > just need to also set Port-Limit = 2 for the user to be able to use 2 channels.
> > So everything should work just fine with just that. Just make sure that
> > Port-Limit is only returned on ISDN connections, else a user can get 2 DSL
> > connections from the PTT and do multilink PPP (just guessing i am not that
> > familiar with how ADSL works, i think it just transmits PPP frames so it's
> > possible). Since you are using LDAP something like this:
> >
> > --users--
> >
> > DEFAULT     NAS-Port-Type == ISDN, Ldap-Group == "adsl-users"
> >     Port-Limit := 2
> >

> Thanks Kostas. I am familiar with the Port-Limit attribute, in fact I
> use it already in a profile for prepaid cards. But from the way I have
> seen it works, it just instructs the router to allow a bundle
> interface with up to 2 channels (if the value is 2). This way if someone has
> value 0 in this attribute he won't be allowed to have a bundle
> interface and every connection he will attempt with on demand ISDN or
> ISDN 128 will fail.
> However the authentication is independent of that. If an ISDN user
> tries to get a second channel he will initiate an
> authorization/authentication sequence normally and he will fail if
> Simultaneous-Use is 1.
> This is the way I believe things work, let me know if I am wrong.

Read around line 683 in src/main/auth.c if you want source code details.

In any case freeradius will use the Port-Limit attribute (if available) to
determine if a user is allowed to open another channel on multilink connections
(like 128 ISDN).

So you can have simultaneous-use=1 to not allow double logins but port-limit=2
to allow a user to open a second channel on a multilink connection.

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece