VoipOne NOC wrote:

Hi

I have freeradius 0.9.3, compiled on a Debian Unstable system for PostgreSQL
support.

Once I installe everything, it seems to work right. Following is the final
output from "freeradius -xxyz -l stdout" :

Do you have something like this:
Module: Loaded SQL
rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_postgresql (module rlm_sql_postgresql) loaded and linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to user@:/dbname
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_postgresql #0
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #0

Listening on IP address *, ports 1812/udp and 1813/udp, with proxy on
1814/udp.
Ready to process requests.

And when I try to send the radius packets for accounting from my Cisco
router, it just doesn't work

Do you receive some output in debug mode, from your router?

I have the following lines changed in my radiusd.conf:
with_cisco_vsa_hack = yes
$INCLUDE ${confdir}/postgresql.conf #unix (wtmp file) * commented out
#radutmp * commented out
Added sql instead of the unix accounting method.

If anyone has experience with this, please let me know what I can do.

We succeeded to make it work with Debian Sarge + PostgreSQL 7.4.2 + Cisco ;-)