Tariq Rashid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> now I'm looking at radius 0.9.3. the inital work shows plots which are not
> intuitive. simply, they are ZIG-ZAG! that is, for very low request rates,
> the reponse time is roughly constant but then the responce time will
> occasionally jump (not climb) to a very high value (eg 5 secs) and the
> subsequent queries then take a long time, bit with progressively smaller
> times... as if the server is recovering from the jump...

  FreeRADIUS 0.9.3 was very limited in its ability to respond quickly
to incoming requests.  The latest CVS snapshots have changes which
should help significantly.

  Please do performance testing against the CVS snapshots, as they
will become 1.0.0 in a month or so.

> i'm genuinely interested in why this may be and how we can fix it?

  See the changes made to src/main/threads.c over the past 6 months.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html