Hi !

After searching the Web and this list and reading a LOT of
radius-documentary i still canÂt figure out how to get this to work ...

Following Setup:

Samba 3.0 Domain
LDAP-Directory for centralized administration
Freeradius-Server
Windows 2003 Server for RAS

The Samba accounts and everything is stored within the LDAP-Directory.

Now we want to remove our old NT4 Server who is providing RAS-Services
until now so we decided to use Windows 2003 (DonÂt ask, the RAS thing is
just a nice side-feature we want to use). The Windows 2003 RAS-Service
allows authentication with RADIUS. So i set up a freeradius-server and
configured the W2K3 to use it. For testing purpose i entered my username
and cleartext-password to the users-file and i can login fine. But i
donÂt want to use the users-file (Who would, with a nice LDAP Directory
at hand ;) )

So i configured LDAP into this whole thingy ... i got TLS and everything
to work, ldap-access itself seems to be running nicely.

My Problem:
The userPassword stored in the LDAP Directory is crypted (MD5) for
security purpose. So this one canÂt be used i guess.

BUT: We got a nice sambaLMPassword and a sambaNTPassword for every user
which imho should be enough for radius, right ?

I tried this:

This is how i configured the LDAP-Module:
--------------------------- SNIP ----------------------------
 ldap {
                server = "ldap.test.com"
                identity = "uid=ldaproot"
                password = blabla
                basedn = "dc=test,dc=com"
                filter = "(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})"
                start_tls = yes
                dictionary_mapping = ${raddbdir}/ldap.attrmap
                ldap_connections_number = 5
                password_header = ""
                password_attribute = sambaNTPassword
                timeout = 4
                timelimit = 3
                net_timeout = 1
}

--------------------------- SNIP ----------------------------

This fetches me the correct hash out of the directory

The server gives me this output:

--------------------------- SNIP ----------------------------
rlm_ldap: performing search in dc=test,dc=com, with filter
(uid=testuser)
rlm_ldap: Added password AF70J6480BF89440F4A4591063EF3215 in check items
rlm_ldap: looking for check items in directory...
rlm_ldap: looking for reply items in directory...
rlm_ldap: user holtkamp authorized to use remote access
ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "ldap" returns ok for request 10
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 10
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type MS-CHAP
auth: type "MS-CHAP"
modcall: entering group Auth-Type for request 10
  rlm_mschap: doing MS-CHAPv2 with NT-Password
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
  modcall[authenticate]: module "mschap" returns reject for request 10
modcall: group Auth-Type returns reject for request 10
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [testuser/<no User-Password attribute>] (from client
w2k3-ras-server port 128 cli 192.168.0.55)
--------------------------- SNIP ----------------------------

Now WHY is the Respone incorrect ? Any ideas what i am missing here ?

If you need more information just ask, i got everything here :)

radiusd.conf
--------------------------- SNIP ----------------------------
authorize {
        preprocess
        mschap
        ldap
}

authenticate {
        Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
                mschap

--
Daniel Holtkamp                    Riege Software International GmbH
System Administration                                   Mollsfeld 10