I believe I've lost my mind.

I have a NAS unit (USR Netserver PRI) that will not authenticate
on a radius server running on OpenBSD/sparc64.  The shared secret
and password decoding is the problem - Freeradius thinks the secret is wrong.

I compiled Freeradius-0.9.3 identically under NetBSD 1.6.2 and got it to
work.  The Netserver will also authenticate against freeradius on
Solaris.

I then copied the clients.conf and radiusd.conf (the only files I
modified) from the working NetBSD system onto the OpenBSD system and
it doesn't work - thinks the shared secret is wrong.

I've actually tried alternate radius servers: cistron,
livingston/lucent, DTC radius, and perl radius modules and they all
have the shared-secret problem under OpenBSD.

Finally, I tried having it authenticate against a OpenBSD/i386 system
that is working with a Cisco AS5200 and again it failed.

I should add that it works fine for accounting - the problem is really
only with the shared secret for auth.

I compile Freeradius on *BSD like so:

./configure --disable-shared --enable-static --without-rlm_krb5 \
    && make && make install

My clients.conf:

client 127.0.0.1 {
        secret = "test"
        shortname = localhost
        nastype = other
}

client 216.191.240.4 {
        secret = "secret"
        shortname = ottawa
}

My radiusd.conf is defaults except the port = 1645, and I commented out
the eap stuff (radiusd on openbsd bombs on the eap modules).

Have I lost my mind?

--
Andre Dalle                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gone Bonkers