> Now digest stores password in plain text in the users file. I want to use
> digest authentication with /etc/shadow.

shadow are meant to be "shadowed and hashed" , so why store plain text
password to it
when you can use flat user file? or plain text password with backend
opensource database ?
it's not normal to put sugar on a diet "coke" , don't you think?

> Else i would like to use digest authentication with openldap, where
> passwords are stored in crypt format ( done by using migration tool from
> /etc/shadow ).

another suggestion is to use a backend database in storing crypted format
password values via freeradius +
PostgreSQL & MySQL , or LDAP combination? (to name a few)

cheers!
//milver

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html