Hi Alan,

>> 1. In which case will a radius client request for
the
>> above service type or which radius clients usually
>> request for the above service-type ?

>  http://www.freeradius.org/rfc/attributes.html
>  Click on "Service-Type", and it will tell you what
>those values mean, and when they're used.

I actually posted the question after reading the RFC.
The RFC tells you a lot about the standard, but not
about the current practice. What I need is some
real-case examples. For example:
- Example of Radius client that asks for service-type
outbound, and what kind of devices it wants to be
granted access.
- Similarly, example of Radius client that asks for
service-type administrative, NAS Prompt, Callback NAS
Prompt, Call Check, and maybe some scenarios in which
they are used ?

>> 2. What attributes are usually returned in the
>> access-accept packet for the above service type ?

>  It depends on your local configuration.

I understand that it depends of my own configuration.
But I'm interested to know about the common practice
out there. Would you care to elaborate more ? I'm
still new to the Radius concept.

>> For Service-type PPP / SLIP requested, is there any
>> MANDATORY attributes that need to be returned by
the
>> radius server in the access-accept packet
>> (Framed-IP-Address, Framed-MTU, etc) ?

>  See the RFC's, and your NAS vendor documentation.

Can you please provide me with some links to any NAS
vendor documentation ? I don't have any specific NAS
in mind currently.

>> If the
>> Framed-IP-Address is not a mandatory attribute to
be
>> returned for service-type PPP, how will the NAS
decide
>> the IP Address assigned to the user ?

>  See the NAS documentation.  It depends on the NAS.

>  Alan DeKok.

=====
La vie, voyez-vous, ca n'est jamais si bon ni si mauvais qu'on croit
                                                                        - Guy de
Maupassant -