Dear Alan DeKok,

Could you please respond to my below query:

I am using the UDP protocol as the underlying protocol and the MD5 protocol as the authentication protocol to communicate with the RADIUS server. In this case, will the protocol demand for a challenge ?.  In this case, will the RADIUS server send an challenge response ?.

Regards,
Barath Kumar.

Barath kumar wrote:
Dear Alan,

Thanks for your response.

I am using the UDP protocol as the underlying protocol and the MD5 protocol as the authentication protocol to communicate with the RADIUS server. In this case, will the protocol demand for a challenge ?.  In this case, will the RADIUS server send an challenge response ?.

Regards,
Barath Kumar.

Alan DeKok wrote:

The server will send a challenge when the protocol demands it.
e.g. EAP.

  If you don't know what the challenge will be, or why the server
should send a challenge, you probably don't want challenge-response.

  Alan DeKok.

Barath kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How to configure the free RADIUS server to send an Challenge response to
an access request. In other words, what are the configurations to be
done on the free RADIUS server such that it sends an challenge response
to an access request.  By default, will the free RADIUS server send an
challenge response ? or any special configurations needs to be done for
the same.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html