Hi Chelsea,

Instead of doing it the tedious way, try installing the mysql-development package that comes with your mysql source version. For example, on my machine I have all these installed:

MySQL-3.23.58-1
MySQL-devel-3.23.58-1
MySQL-client-3.23.58-1

Depending on what version of MySQL you have, you must install it's development package and it's corresponding client package if you want FreeRadius to compile with MySQL.

So, once your machine has at least all three packages above (matching your MySQL version) then, you can compile Freeradius with MySQL using ./configure. Also, when FreeRadius is compiling, check for the lines :

checking for mysql/msql.h.....yes
checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient....yes

If you get a "no" for the above two lines then you are missing the devel package. But of course, installing the above three (or two, assuming you already have the MySQL source installed) packages will give you a "yes" for the two lines above.

Once the compilation is done, you can go ahead and configure the the rest of FreeRadius and MySQL.

Please also visit the following URL:

Cheers,

Shannon Sariman (Mr.)
Lae City, Papua New Guinea