I would love to hear your results.

I have compiled it with both gcc 3.3.3 (gcc version 3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)) and gcc 3.4.0 (gcc version 3.4.0 20040519 (Red Hat Linux 3.4.0-2)). In both cases, I get a segmentation fault.

I spent a little time trying to get it to core dump, but I have not been successful. I did 'ulimit -c unlimited', enabled core dumps in radiusd.conf and compiled freeradius with --enable-developer. Yet, it still does not core dump on a segmentation fault.

Willey Kurt D wrote:
I am working on the same type of project with Fedora Core 1 and gcc
3.3.3, getting the same segmentation fault...

I just built a new RedHat 9 test box with gcc 3.2.2-5; works great, even
connecting to the LDAP server via OpenSSL.

I think the problem may is gcc (on the OpenLDAP and/or FreeRADIUS
compile) or Fedora. What gcc are you using?

I am recompiling now but the test box is sloooooow.  Will post results
as they become available.