Hi Bob....

Config attached.

Also, I should mention the config of the client. I am using a NetGear WG511 802.11g card. I don't have any security features enabled on the utility which comes with the WG511 (no WEP, WPA etc) and there are no options for EAP on this utility.....

I enabled all the EAP stuff via the Authentication tab on the Properties of the interface under Start -> Network and Dialup connections in Windoze.

Under there I have the following set:

Enable network control using IEEE 802.1x

EAP Type: Smart Card or other Certificate

Use a certificate on this computer

....and I select the certificate generated on my freeradius server. This is more or less what is described under http://www.freeradius.org/doc/EAPTLS.pdf.

There is a method in this doc for debugging EAP on the Cisco AP, which I had not noticed before.....I'll try this tomorrow.

Finally, just in case you might not remember from my previous emails, I was (and I think still am) able to see EAPOL packets on my wireless client when I ran ethereal on the wireless interface.

Thanx in advance for your help.

Chris.