[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm having problems getting utmp accounting to work properly on
> FreeRadius (latest version).  When the NAS sends an account-request
> packet to radius, everything seems ok except for the following line
> seen in the debug window:
>
> rlm_radutmp: No NAS-Port seen.  Cannot do anything.
>    rlm_radumtp: WARNING: checkrad will probably not work!
>
> The corresponding Access Request packet from the NAS contains:
> NAS-Port-Type = Virtual.

NAS-Port-Type does not help here. NAS-Port-Type indicates the type of
the port in the NAS where the user is connected. NAS-Port, which is
neede by the radutmp, indicates the actual physical port where the user
is connected to. So, for one kind of NAS with one kind of connections,
the NAS-Port-Type could be the same for every connection, but the
NAS-Port would differ.

> I'm using a HP Procurve 6108 switch.  I suspect that radius wants me
> set the NAS-Port-Type to ethernet or similar, however I do not know
how
> to get the switch to send a NAS-Port-Type that radius will like.
radwho
> also does not work for my netscreen boxes.

The problem here is not the NAS-Port-Type but the lack of NAS-Port.

(sorry for the disclaimer at the end... :)
--
Tero Turtiainen
Telecom, Media & Entertainment