=?iso-8859-1?q?SANDEEP=20KHANNA?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1. If I use the freeradius server and client for CHAP
> authentication using command
>
> $ echo "User-Name=someuser" | radclient localhost auth
> <shared secret key>
>
> ,it returns Nothing .

  That's because you're not using CHAP there.

> 2. If I use another RADIUS Server (not freeradius) and
> try to login through
>    freeradius client with command
> (FOR PAP)
>
> $ echo "User-Name=someuser,User-Password=somepassword"
> | radclient localhost auth <shared secret key>
>       ,It works absolutely fine.

  So... you're comparing not using CHAP on FreeRADIUS, to using PAP
with another server.

  Why?

> (FOR CHAP) ,I am facing problem with it when I use the
> command
> $ echo "User-Name=someuser" | radclient localhost:port
> auth <shared secret key>
>    ,it returns me
>    Received response ID 51, code 11, length=163
>       Reply-Message = "Your Offline challenge 0840
> 2828.Enter your PIN and this challenge in your Offline
> Client.Enter the result!"

  That isn't FreeRADIUS.

> Then I generate the CHAP-Password entering the PIN and
> the challenge in my offline client
>   Then I use the command
>   $ echo
> "User-Name=someuser,CHAP-Password=generatedpassword,CHAP-Challenge=0840
> 2828,State=asmentionedabove" | radclient
> <server_ip:port> auth <shared secret key>
>   and it return me the "Wrong Credentials" always.

  I would suggest asking the vendor of the other RADIUS server what
the problem is.

  The problem has nothing to do with FreeRADIUS, so far as I can tell.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html