Hi,

The problem is resolved.

The "-" is a problem, but not the main one, since I changed a couple of
times. The main one is the password.

Your posting lets me look at the debug log more carefully. It turned
out that the NAS sends out the caller's password as the caller's name
itself, in this case, the MAC itself.  I tried to follow some article,
http://www.wi-fitechnology.com/Wi-Fi_Reports_and_Papers/Freeradius_Deployment_of_MAC_Address.html.
This is why I am stucked.

The lessons I learnt are relying on the debug log and paying attention
to the NAS.

Thanks for your help!

-Yuemo

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 11:14, Yuemo Zeng wrote:

> Thread 2 handling request 16, (4 handled so far)
>         User-Name = "000347158dea"

> 000347-158dea   Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "xxxxx"

Just a guess here.....notice anything different about the username in
the request and the users file?

FreeRADIUS is correct....there is no password in the DEFAULT line
which
is what it matched, not the user you have above....

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  DO NOT READ THIS EMAIL IF YOU ARE NOT THE
INTENDED RECIPIENT. The information in this email may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended
recipient, your review, forwarding, copying, distribution, or any other
use or disclosure of any information in this email is prohibited. If you
received this email in error, please contact us by return email at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and destroy all copies of this email,
<<<<University of Minnesota Physicians Confidentiality Notice>>>>

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html