The documentation for the functionality of the "other" nastype when
used with Simultaneous login blocking is substantially lacking.  The
documentation in doc/Simultaneous-Use mentions that "other" means
don't check.  However, the checkrad.pl script has an entry in it for
"other".  This is misleading because it implies that the "other"
nastype is handled by the script.  However, if you look in the code in
src/main/session.c, there is a block that prevents outright the
running of checkrad when the nastype is other.  This is not very
clear.

Also, placing the "other" nastype check inside radiusd itself makes it
impossible for the admin to change the behavior of the "other" nastype
without patching the code.  In my environment, we use some outsourced
dialup that provides no access to the NAS boxes for checkrad
processing.

Would it be possible to either add an option to control the treatment
of nastypes of type "other", run checkrad for every duplicate login
check or to more clearly document this?

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2         [EMAIL PROTECTED]