I can verify that the latest CVS releases do indeed support PEAP and Active directory. I'm using it now to authenticate users to our Active Directory. All our users use PEAP using the supplicant built into WinXP service Pack1 and Windows 2000 service pack 4.

For authenticating to Active Directory, FreeRadius uses the Winbind daemon, which is part of Samba. This is the same daemon that has been used for quite some time by the Squid project to do NTLM authentication to Active Directory or (I believe) Windows NT domains.

I've also tested it with EAP/TTLS using Mac OSX 10.3