> If you don't want to use radius auth for management access, how are you
> doing ??
> Thx

On the Cabletron/Enterasys 2nd gen. (6E2xxx / 2E2xxx) products it is a matter
of using the LM menu to step through Security | Radius Configuration and
setting RADIUS Management to DISABLED. This reverts you to using the local
password for access of remote and local management. I know of no equivalent
setting on the Matrix E1. My firmware needs to be updated it may be in the
more recent releases.

I had set up a user in the radius users file that sends the Filter-ID with
mgmt=su. On the switch, set the radius last-resort-action for remote and
local management to challenge in the event of not being able to access the
the radius server.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html