Hi Tim.

If you want to use encryption for your ppp users you need to drop md5 hashing of your
sql passwords.
Just sync your old SQL database with a new one for radius only and put unencrypted
passwords there.
You can use md5 hashed passwords but then you will not be able to use crypto for your
PPP connections.
I'd suggest you to use PPPoE with MPPE128 bit encryption for both passwords and data.
You will get a slight overhead on data encryption but not much really.
With PPP(oE) you can easly add different bandwith limits for each of the users, set up
user's static or dynamic IPs.

Cheers,
YazzY

-