Ken Connell wrote:
PATH = /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:
Radiusd is in /usr/local/sbin
libradius-0.9.3.so is in /usr/local/lib/

What is crle ? (I'm a bit of a Linux/Unix newbie).

Ken Connell

crle (on solaris), it sets/shows the library paths. A bit like ldconfig on linux i think.

run crle and see what the output is. Mine looks like this:

$ crle

Configuration file [3]: /var/ld/ld.config
  Default Library Path (ELF):   /usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib
  Trusted Directories (ELF):    /usr/lib/secure  (system default)

Command line:
  crle -c /var/ld/ld.config -l /usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib

$

You need to make sure /usr/local/lib is in your default library path.

If is isn't, you will need to do something like:

$crle -c /var/ld/ld.config -l /usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

I'm a bit sketchy on all this myself, I'm just passing on what has worked for me.

Of course you should be able to do a 'man crle' to get all the nitty-gritty info.

If /usr/local/lib is already there (in your default path) then I'm not sure why your library can't be found....maybe something to do with the way freeradius was compiled. I find solaris very frustrating at times, especially using GNU tools mixed with sun tools.

Hope this helps.

Cam

PS you can also use ldd <program name> to see what libraries it needs and if it can find them.

Intermediate Network Engineer
Computer & Communication Services
Ryerson University
350 Victoria St