On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 12:07, Maqbool Hashim wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I suppose could just use LDAP to authenticate Windows Domain
> Controllers.

Sorry, you are confusing me. A Windows Domain Controller in my mind is
what holds the SAM database, which contains the user data, so in this
scenario no.

However, you could authenticate a windows client machine against an LDAP
backend, via your radius server, thus eliminating the need for your
Windows Domain Controller in the authentication process.

> I am not actually asking this question for Domain
> Controllers which I personally run, but for clients who might have these
> things and I would like to be able to authenticate these windows
> machines via our radius server.

Ignore the above then.

Honestly, if you are running NT4, the IAS (microsofts radius server)
product is a good solution, as it talks natively to your SAM database.
All you need to do then is proxy these clients through your radius
server to the IAS server and bobs your uncle.

> Am I right in thinking that LDAP would work?

Yes.

Dave

IMPORTANT - this email and the information in it may be confidential, legally
privileged and/or protected by law.  It is intended solely for the use of the person
to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for
any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Please also delete all
copies of this email and any attachments from your system.

We cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of email communications. We do not
accept any liability for losses or damages that you may suffer as a result of your
receipt of this email including but not limited to computer service or system failure,
access delays or interruption, data non-delivery or mis-delivery, computer viruses or
other harmful components.

Copyright in this email and any attachments belong to Compass Group.  Should you
communicate with anyone at Compass Group by email, you consent to us monitoring and
reading any such correspondence.

Nothing in this email shall be taken or read as suggesting, proposing or relating to
any agreement concerted practice or other practice that could infringe UK or EC
competition legislation.
Compass Group, UK and Ireland Limited is a company registered in England and Wales
(Company number 02272248) whose registered office is at Parklands Court, 24 Parklands,
Birmingham Great Park, Rubery, Birmingham, West Midlands, B45 9PZ.  Compass Group UK &
Ireland Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Compass Group PLC, registered in
England and Wales (Company number 4083914) whose registered office is at Compass
House, Guildford Street, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 9BQ.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html