Hello,

We're going to be starting to use FreeRadius, converting from the old BSDi
Cistron Radius. I have FreeRadius installed on two FreeBSD machines and
running fine with ldap as the backend database. We're trying to get away
from the users file and use ldap for static IP assignment.

This is what we need and what I can't figure out how to do, yet. We have
customers with multiple (5) static IPs. When the connect they will specify
which static they want based on the prefix of their name, example:

Acustomer = 192.168.1.1
Bcustomer = 192.168.1.2
Ccustomer = 192.168.1.3
Dcustomer = 192.168.1.4
Ccustomer = 192.168.1.5

I'm running into an issue of how to tell FreeRadius that I want to use
'Framed-IP-Address3' if the customer connects with a prefix of C and
'Framed-IP-Address1' if they connect with a prefix of A. Basically I think
I need to setup a hint for each prefix and a DEFAULT statement in the
users file for each type of static allowed.

Does anyone have any insight on what I need to do? or where I can find
documentation for this specific problem?

Thank you,
Lew A
GWI Operations