Hi,

I think there is a bug in check-radiusd-config in 0.9.3. This has been
tested in Solaris 6 and the easiest way to reproduce this is to add some
garbage to the top part of radiusd.conf. For example right after the
prefix etc definitions:

$INCLUDE $a_file_that_does_not_exist

When check-radiusd-config is run the output is:

Radius server configuration looks OK.

The startup.log however shows the error:

Unable to open file "$a_file_that_does_not_exist": No such file or
directory
Errors reading radiusd.conf

When the faulty include-line is moved to the end of radiusd.conf,
check-radiusd-config works as expected and the output is:

Unable to open file "$a_file_that_does_not_exist": No such file or
directory
Errors reading radiusd.conf

It seems that if radiusd started by check-radiusd-config exits too
quickly (for example, there is a configuration error in the beginning of
the configuration file), the configuration is always found to be ok.
This can be quite nasty if you have faster hardware where the
configuration processing may always be pretty fast.

This is quite nasty feature in our environment which involves some
semi-automated configuration file updates and we haven't figured out how
to fix this. I guess the best way to avoid having problems with this is
not to make any configuration errors...

(Sorry if there is a silly disclaimer after the signature)
--
Tero Turtiainen
Telecom, Media & Entertainment

Our name has changed.  Please update your address book to the following format:
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the
property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized to read,
print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or any part
thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete all  copies of this message.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html