Grant, Alastair Ian wrote:

Paul, How is your radiusd.conf configured for authorization and authentication? Which modules have to be enabled where? Also, how is your eap settings configured? If you don't mind sending snippets from the files, that would probabyl be easiest. Thanks!

-Al

I have attached the important snippets from my radiusd.conf file and my eap.conf file. The only difference from my actual files are the LDAP bind password with <secret> and the comments have been removed.

The only methods that I have configured are eap, mschap and ldap. Within eap, the only methods I have configured are tls, ttls, peap and mschapv2.

I bind to the LDAP server using an identity+password since one of the attributes I read (triggered by the ldap.attrmap file) is the sambaNTPassword (mapped to NT-Password by the ldap.attrmap file). This attribute is used for mschap authentication.

----- begin radiusd.conf snippets -----

modules {
$INCLUDE ${confdir}/eap.conf
mschap {
authtype = MS-CHAP
}
ldap {
server = "ldap.private"
start_tls = yes
tls_cacertfile = /etc/certs/ca-bender.crt
tls_randfile = /var/urandom
tls_require_cert = "demand"
identity = "uid=_radiusd_,ou=users,dc=private"
password = "<secret>"
basedn = "dc=private"
filter = "(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}))"
groupname_attribute = cn
groupmembership_filter = "(&(objectClass=posixGroup)(memberUid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}))"
authorize {
preprocess
mschap
suffix
ntdomain
eap
files
ldap
}
authenticate {
Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
mschap
}
Auth-Type LDAP {
ldap
}
eap
}

----- end radiusd.conf snippets -----

----- begin eap.conf -----

eap {
default_eap_type = ttls
timer_expire = 60
ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
tls {
private_key_file = ${sysconfdir}/certs/radius.private.pem
certificate_file = ${sysconfdir}/certs/radius.private.crt
CA_file = ${sysconfdir}/certs/ca-bender.crt
dh_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/dh
random_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/random
}
ttls {