how about setting up 2 ldap modules?

ldap people {

ldap students {

Not sure if this would do it, just a suggestion.

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Alexander M. Pravking wrote:

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:00:00PM +0200, Arthur EBEL wrote:
Hi everybody,

My freeradius operate very well with an openldap directory

All ldap users stored in my basedn="ou=people,ou=personnels,dc=utt,dc=fr"
can be authenticated.

I would like to add another basedn="ou=students,ou=personnels,dc=utt,dc=fr"
BUT I don't want to give an access to all my tree dc=utt,dc=fr

How can I set up the LDAP module to do this ?

AFAIK, rlm_ldap cannot work with multiple basedn's.

However, you can use OpenLDAP own ACLs. E.g. in slapd.conf (assuming
you have identity="cn=radius,ou=robots,dc=utt,dc=fr"):

access to dn "ou=people,ou=personnels,dc=utt,dc=fr"
        by dn="cn=radius,ou=robots,dc=utt,dc=fr" read
access to dn "ou=students,ou=personnels,dc=utt,dc=fr"
        by dn="cn=radius,ou=robots,dc=utt,dc=fr" read
access to *
        by dn="cn=radius,ou=robots,dc=utt,dc=fr" none

(I'm not sure this is totally correct so you should test it yourself.)
Then you can safely use basedn="ou=personnels,dc=utt,dc=fr" for radius.

-- Fduch M. Pravking

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-Mike