> Hello,
> I'm using eap/ttls with md5 to authenticate a Windows XP
> client (secureW2), but I have a problem with configuration.
> I've uncommented tls and ttls modules. In eap.conf, in the
> ttls module i type : default_eap_type := md5 In users :
> "test" Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "mypassword"
> but when I type radiusd -X :
> auth : No User-Password or CHAP Password in the attribute
> request auth : failed to validate the user ....
> I need some help,      thanks

In secureW2 be sure to have "Use anonymous user for outer authentication"
checked, "EAP" as "Inner authentication type" and "MD5-challenge" as
"EAP-type".

Configure freeradius to have:

default_eap_type = ttls

in the eap section, and:

default_eap_type = md5

in the ttls sub section.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
gc

--
Giulio Casella                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and network manager