=?iso-8859-1?q?Aurelien=20Magniez?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here are detailed explanations describing why I would
> like to implement such a mechanism:
>
> Take the following scenario:
> An arrow represents an EAP-Message. It contains the
> EAP Identifier value. A dash indicates that the
> initial EAP-Message has been modified.

  How?  It can't modify the EAP-Message in the RADIUS packet, as it's
protected by the Message-Authenticator attribute.  The wireless
portion of the EAP session can be modified, but it's hard to do that
without being detected by the client.

> Moreover, FreeRADIUS doesn't detect that the EAP-PSK
> data are corrupted (it's totally normal :-)

  If the RADIUS packet is modified, FreeRADIUS will detect it.  If the
EAP message is modified, it won't.  That's why EAP-TTLS uses SSL, with
server-side certificates.  That protects the EAP session.

> By the way, do you think it's interesting to implement
> such a mechanism? Perhaps the first solution is the
> best way....

  If the EAP packet was modified, it shouldn't be an EAP failure.  The
bad packet should just be ignored.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html