On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Barry Murphy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running freeradius and have 3 NAS (POPTOP) servers connecting to this
> server. I find when a user disconnects because they out of wireless signal or
> they unplug their wireless card, the system shows them as still logged in and
> I dont get the final bandwidth usage, I have to manualy delete the start
> request from the mysql radacc table.

Then the NAS does not send an accounting-stop in that case. There isn't anything
you can do to the radius server to fix that problem. You could use the
dialup_admin/bin/clean_radacct script to clear stale open sessions though but
that's only a workaround.

Are you sure the NAS does not eventually timeout the session?

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece