Since most people probably only use self-signed certificates for their
LDAP servers and may not have access to the raw certificates directly,
I thought I'd post this useful bit of info.

You can retrieve the certificate directly from the LDAP server
openssl s_client -connect ldap.example.com:636 -showcerts

Copy the CA certificate piece of the response to cacert.pem part (in
between BEGIN and END)

Now

openssl verify -CAfile cacert.pem cacert.pem

If this does not return cacert.pem: OK then you probably copied the
wrong part. Try again.

This cacert.pem can then be used for your tls CAfile configuration elements

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html