On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm fairly new in the radius business and need to set up a machine to
> support user authentication via LDAP. The best way by now seems to use
> freeradius :).
>
> However while flying through the documentations, howtos, etc. I've
> noticed that freeradius seems to need read-access to the userPassword
> attribute. Is that correct? (which could be the reason why it is not
> working here yet ;).
>
> Or does freeradius use the usual LDAP-search_entry->bind method to
> authenticate users?

If you use the ldap module for authentication it will use the ldap bind method
for authentication.
If you use another module for authentication (pap,chap,mschap,eap-md5 etc) you
will need read access to the password attribute.

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece