Alan DeKok schrieb:

> > >   If you're using EAP-TTLS, then the tunneled session
> is often just
> > > normal non-EAP authentication, and that can be
> proxied.
> >
> > (and I suppose the same applies more or less to PEAP?)
>
>   No.  PEAP tunnels EAP, and only EAP.

I see. However, theoretically, I again could "translate" the tunneled
EAP if it's something that can be translated to a simple CHAP or
PAP (or MS-CHAP) request and forward that. It's obviously not as
easy as for EAP-TTLS, though.

> > So, out of the popular EAP protocols,  EAP-TLS is the
> only one,
> > which really can't be proxied at all, unless I'm
> missing something.
>
>   Uh, no.  *all* EAP methods can be proxied.

Sorry, bad wording on my part, I meant to say
"forwarded to a non-EAP-enabled server"

> > Anyway, for a first try I'd be very happy with being
> able to forward
> > whatever normal non-EAP authentication is used inside
> EAP-TTLS
> > to my old RADIUS server which doesn't support EAP.  Is
> that currently
> > possible without hacking the source?
>
>   Yes.  See the list archives for examples.

Any suggestion for a could search string? The one I figured
out essentially just gave me that mail I referred to ...

          Thanks,
                    Stefan

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html