I do this from perl by creating a new check attribute in rlm_perl
$RAD_CHECK{'User-Name'} and then updating the Request
User-Name in rewrite_attr using the new check list entry.

[ We actually do a whole heap of switching decisions in perl, create
a few new attributes (pools, IP Pools, Service Names, realms etc) which
are then used in the proxy and rewite modules to do the rest of the work.

This gives us the power of a programming language in the guts of a nice,
fast radius server. The code does all the custom decision making while
Free Radius handles being a good standard complient radius server. ]

Bruce

Steve Chan wrote:

Alan,

   Actually, I went back and tried to edit the $RAD_REQUEST{'User-Name'},
but it seemed to have no effect either.

   I came across an old mailing list thread that seemed to indicate that
you can't update the existing values in %RAD_REQUEST, and I don't know if
that has been changed recently.

   Does the rlm_python module all you to rewrite the original User-Name
attribute?

   Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>