In 2001 In installed RH 6.2 on a server with qmail (email), djbDNS, Apache,
etc. The system has been working fine except it is slow.

Now I want to move over a new server with RH9 & authenticate using
freeRADIUS.

I noticed that in the old system (RH6.2), User Names (UID) & Groups (GRP)
are different. For example, if I add a UID "mike", the GRP should be "mike",
but it is not the case. I am sure it was a programming bug.

I am physically copying /etc/passwd & /etc/group files from old RH6.2 system
to the new RH9 & freeRADIUS server. Since UID & GID do not match, freeRADIUS
does not authenticate.

The old system (RH6.2) is a production system with 400 users. I want to
leave it alone. My question is:

(1) Is there any setting which will make freeRADIUS to bypass validating
Group & just validate the UID & Password?
(2) Is there any utility which can change UID & GID to be the same?

This question is very confusing. I will be happy to answer any Q's!

Thanks.

Kirti

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html