Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Kellogg, Chris
Gesendet: Freitag, 13. August 2004 18:03
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: RE: freeRADIUS and Microsoft Active Directory

This is great information, thanks!

By the way, I found that 'UserPrincipalName' did not work; I used 'sAMAccountName'
with success.

It leads to a couple new questions, however.  What about people who have users broken
into multiple OUs in their Active Directory?  The BaseDN option in radiusd.conf
appears to focus the username search to the particular OU container indicated; nothing
underneath that OU will be checked.  It's also apparently not possible to just give
the top container and have it search.

I'm not an AD expert, so I might be missing a simple solution.

I am also trying to verify membership in a specific group; LDAP can't find it, and I'm
wondering if anyone has enountered this before.  I verified the Group was in the same
OU as indicated by basedn, and the user is a member of that group.

What have other people done in these situations?

Chris.