To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 4:08 AM
Subject: Re: CHAP not working with ldap

Alan DeKok wrote:

kevin J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I found the line 1441 of rlm_ldap.c returns RLM_MODULE_INVALID if the
password is not pap:

What you're missing is that's the *authentication* function.  The
LDAP database doesn't know how to do CHAP, it only knows how to do
PAP.  So the rlm_ldap module can send ONLY a PAP password to an LDAP
database.

Thanks Alan.  CHAP is working with ldap now.
I have two more questions though.

1) I found that PAP is not working with ldap.  RADIUS just tried ldap
authentication.  I don't know why.  Is there anything that I have to do
for PAP?
2) It looks that ldap connection is not persistant which mean re-bind
ldap per authentication.  Is this true or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Kevin

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See