-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Htin
Hlaing
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 8:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: FreeRadius keeps marking a home server dead

Hi,

I am using FreeRadius 1.0 pre release 3 as a daemon and I have noticed
the following problem.

I have proxying on and set up NULL realm with one home server to it.  If
a RADIUS message comes and the proxying to the home server works the
first time, then it works fine.  If the home server does not respond to
the proxy message, then FreeRadius would send reject and mark the home
server dead for the configured dead time which is all good. If the new
RADIUS messges comes during this deadtime, then the proxying will not
happen as the only homer server is dead.  After the deadtime is over,
the expected behavior would be that the FreeRadius would try to proxy
again to the home server.  What I am seeing is that after the dead time
is over, no proxy msgs come out of the FreeRadius process (Ethereal
confirms this) at all but the home server gets marked as a dead server
again. Although no msg comes out of the process, it seems like the
default 3 retries is happening inside as there is some delay between
receiving of RADIUS msg from the NAS and the printing out the msg of
marking the home server dead.  So, I think something is stuck in sending
the proxy msg out.  If I restart the process at that point, everything
works fine.

Htin

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html