I have been working on a solution for Free Radius and integrating it into the Informix
database from scratch now for 2 days.

All is gone well as well as can be expected. I promise to post a HOW-TO after
completion.

I am using the unixodbc connector to connect the radius server to a remote Informix
server and this is working perfectly for the accounting after some sql script
changing.

So of course lets get a little more adventurous, lets Auth the users as well.
After building the appropriate tables and setting the Authorization to be sql I was
under way.

However straight back in came the error.

"rlm_sql unknown attribute Password"

WHY ?

I have started by using a basic database structure. My radcheck table has an entry
like -
username        fred
attribute               Password
op              ==
value           thepasswd

It really seems like a dictionary problem.
However this server works fine for users in the users file.

I had a bit of a look through the rlm_sql code (My C is a bit rough) and found where
the error is sent I thought maybe it is looking for the dictionary table in the
database so I built a rough one. Still no go..

Can anyone shed a light on this problem.. ??

Thanks in advance Brad Dixon.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html