On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 01:24:19PM +0800, ElHassan, Omar wrote:

> I have been experiencing the exact same problem - a crash with repeated
> start packets. I have the same environment (O.S., gcc and freeradius).
> I have found that as a test, a slight modification to sql_oracle.c to not
> return SQL_DOWN but -1 in sql_query as follows:
>         x = OCIStmtExecute(oracle_sock->conn,
>                                 oracle_sock->queryHandle,
>                                 oracle_sock->errHandle,
>                                 (ub4) 1,
>                                 (ub4) 0,
>                                 (OCISnapshot *) NULL,
>                                 (OCISnapshot *) NULL,
>                                 (ub4) OCI_DEFAULT);
>
>         if ((x != OCI_NO_DATA) && (x != OCI_SUCCESS)) {
>                 radlog(L_ERR,"rlm_sql_oracle: execute query failed in
> sql_query: %s",
>                                 sql_error(sqlsocket, config));
>                 /*return SQL_DOWN;*/
>                 return -1;
>         }
> Will remove this crash. A -1 here means that the connection is not re-opened
> after each error. I hope this helps us in finding the problem.
>
> Regards,
> OeH

Very good Omar,
but what happens when all connections die in this way and are not
re-opened? Freeradius will remain running but with no connections to
the Oracle database. In conversations regarding this issue several
months ago, I was told that it is an error that has to do with the
re-open of the connections and you confirm that.
Anyway, i will submit a gdb traceback in bugs.freeradius.org. I only
hope that I will have time to do it today.
There is too much expertise here, to let the bug get away...

Thanks

Kostas

--
  Kostas Zorbadelos
  Currently at: Otenet IT Department

  Out there in the darkness, out there in the night
  out there in the starlight, one soul burns brighter
  than a thousand suns.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html