Dear List,

I only find Q's that PAP works and not CHAP.
Perhaps it's to easy that it works for me cause CHAP works? :)
I use version 1.0.0, User created with dialup admin
and stored in MySQL. Here's a log entry.

Works:
Packet-Type = Access-Request
Thu Sep  2 14:35:11 2004
        NAS-IP-Address = bla
        NAS-Port = 1
        NAS-Port-Type = ISDN
        User-Name = "bla"
        CHAP-Password = 0x036bb03fff421b4157fea0573b60d78384
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Client-IP-Address = bla
        CHAP-Challenge = 0x1cfb4621e52ff91402c5664199509a22

Doens't work:
Thu Sep  2 14:36:40 2004
        NAS-IP-Address = bla        NAS-Port = 3
        NAS-Port-Type = ISDN
        User-Name = "bla"
        User-Password = "cleartextpw"
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Client-IP-Address = bla

radius.conf:
modules {
[...]
        pap {
                encryption_scheme = crypt
        }
        chap {
                authtype = CHAP
        }
[...]
}

authorize {
            chap
            files
            sql
[...]
}

authenticate {
        Auth-Type PAP {
                pap
        }
        Auth-Type CHAP {
                chap
        }
[...]
}

Users stored in DB:
UserName              Attribute             op Value
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   User-Password   :=   cleartextpw

Here an output from radiusd -X
[...]
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded PAP
 pap: encryption_scheme = "crypt" (also tried clear)
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded CHAP
Module: Instantiated chap (chap)

[...]
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0
  modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request 0
modcall: group authenticate returns notfound for request 0
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [user#firm] (from client gerbone port 1)

(unix comes after sql)

Any ideas ? Thx

- Michael

-