Hi ,

I am using freeradius 1.0.0 for proxying pupose.

I have seen a small problem with my proxy test. I have a radius server acting as proxy which forwards the packets to another radius server. Further, I have also enabled proxying on second radius server.

Now my problem is when I enter the user name like [EMAIL PROTECTED]. the proxy radius server Strippes of the realm while forwarding the packets to actuall radius server.

I see this problem because if the actuall radius server need to decide wether it should forward the user credential to another server then the realm information is not there.

This is similar like hop by hop forwarding the request to radius server untill it finds the desired one.

Could anyone explain this and explain why freeradius strippes of the realm from username while forwarding the request to another server.

Thanks
Raza.

Do you Yahoo!?