Hi Hugo,

You *can't* use SYSTEM passwords to authenticate using MS-CHAPv2.
MS-CHAPv2 requires the AAA server to be able to obtain the clear text
password (from a local file or some other source) or a password in
NT-Password format.  If it cannot get them, then it is unable to check
that performing the hash function results in the same data as was
supplied in the password from the NAS.

Therefore, you cannot use "root" as the username unless you also have a
root user defined within the users file with a locally defined clear
text password.  Better to simply create a "test" user with a clear text
password.

Regards,

Guy

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only.
 If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm that it has been deleted
from your system and any copies destroyed.  If you are not the intended recipient you
are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating
this e-mail or any information contained in it.  We use reasonable endeavours to virus
scan all e-mails leaving the Company but no warranty is given that this e-mail and any
attachments are virus free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right
to monitor e-mail communications through our network is reserved by us.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html