Kostas Kalevras wrote:

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Marco C. Coelho wrote:

I've searched the archives and didn't find much on web interfaces.

We're trying to move from IC-Radius to FreeRadius.

We looked at DialupAdmin and didn't think the interface would work well
with our front office staff.

Could you explain why you don't think it can work well? dialupadmin was designed for and is being used by helpdesks.

** Believe it or not, it is too detailed. A simple front end helps to minimize our front end staff errors. We also like to limit users to different levels of access. Login one way and all you can do is add users. Log in another way, and you can also delete users. Yet another level allows access to Groups.

When we had wide open access (as radius.cgi does by default), we were put out of service twice by someone deleting a group instead of removing the group from the user. It was still much better than editing a flat file.

We will eventually (this year I hope) integrate our business database with the sql server. This will solve most issues.

Marco

Does anyone use IC-Radius radius.cgi to maintain the mysql users
database and accounting??

If so do you have a copy that you modified?

Thanks

Marco

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-- Kostas Kalevras Network Operations Center [EMAIL PROTECTED] National Technical University of Athens, Greece Work Phone: +30 210 7721861 'Go back to the shadow' Gandalf