On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 09:16, Mike Markowski wrote:
> On Mon 13-Sep-04 at  859 EDT, Kaczmarek, Thaddeus wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 08:55, Mike Markowski wrote:
> > > For a very open wireless network, we'd like to allow everyone
> > > to connect unless we know the MAC is a bad guy.  That is, if
> > > the MAC address is *in* the postgres db, don't authenticate.  If
> > > it's not in the db, authenticate.
> > >
> > > Can anyone think of a way to do this, or will I need to
> > > tweak the code?
> > >
> > >   Thanks!
> > >   Mike
> >
> > Not for nothing, but would it not be much easier to only authenticate
> > trusted macs?  I suspect the table would be much smaller as well.
>
> Thanks, Ted, for your thoughts, but it so happens that
> just the opposite is the case in this instance.  I won't
> bore the list with the details, but there will be many
> users over time, and a few will inevitably be discovered
> to be hacked machines spamming the world, sharing copyrighted
> material, etc., and must be disabled till the machines are
> cleaned.  Those are the only guys we care about.  Anyone
> else in range gets to connect.
>
> I'm sure a code tweak is simple for this, but I hate to have to
> do that on each and every new freeradius release if there's a
> better way.
>
>       Mike
>
> -

Very interested in how this unfolds, I am definitely going to learn
something :-)

Ted

DISCLAIMER

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and
permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout
thereof.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Crown Financial Group may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content
of all e-mail communications.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html