On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 04:20:23AM -0700, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
> Hello,

> I want to use the freeradius ip pools.
> I just wonder something though ever ip pool name I define should be
> included in the accounting and post-auth sections?

> Its kind of confusing, whats the point of defining the Pool-Name
> attribute in users file and then define the same name in accounting and
> post-auth sections?

The Pool-Name attribute is attached to a RADIUS request, and is checked
by the rlm_ippool module before any action is taken. Its existance does
not depend on the rlm_ippool module, but nothing else (to my knowledge)
uses it.

Putting the pool name into the sections of the config file triggers the
instance of the rlm_ipool module to act upon the current request, as it
passes through that stage of processing.

rlm_ippool allocates IP addresses when called from post-auth, and marks
IP addresses as free again when called from accounting.

I hope that clarifies things.

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.