We are running freeradius 1.0.0 on an AMD box. We are authenticating PPD session on the local machine.

PPP Users are getting authenticated and allowed through the box: however, when the PPP session goes down PPP is not clearing them in RadAcct. They are allowed back in, and a radwho shows two sessions for the same user, but a ps on the system only shows the current actually up connection.

I have the same version of freeradius running on another box talking to Portmasters and 6096 boxes with no issues. It's only when it's authenticating PPP.

Any thoughts or hints would be appreciated

Other Data:
Mandrake 10.0 with all security patches

Marco scratching his head.