Tarun Bhushan wrote:
Try this in your ldap.conf file (is usually in the openldap directory ->
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf in my case):

# As Active Directory behaves differently, and wants to do a referral
for the Configuration
# partition, where there is nothing for the domain we are looking for,
we turn off referrals.
# This *may* cause problems if multiple forests are used with AD.
deref never
referrals no

Yes! It _does_ work!

Thank you very much to Tarun and Kostas for the useful and quick hints you gave me!

-- Daniele ALBRIZIO - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Settore Tecnologie di Base - Network Infrastructure & Services UNIVERSITY OF TRIESTE - CSIA Servizio Informatico di Ateneo via Valerio, 12 I-34100 Trieste Italy Tel. +39-040.5583319