On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 14:13, Cristi Banciu wrote:
> > Accounting will send a packet at logon and logoff and even (if
> > configured) every x minutes to update the accounting information.
> >
> > RADACCT is the way to go
> Thank you very much, but this doesn't answer to my question. If the NAS does
> not send accounting info, how could I determine how much a user was logged
> in ? I am not curious about workarounds, just want to know if is anything I
> can do at freeradius level.

Sorry but what YOU are looking for IS a workaround.. RADACCT is the way
of doing this.. freeRADIUS can only detect a logoff if an accounting
(RADACCT) packet is sent to it from the NAS.

Other than that you are going to have to do something along the lines of
an SNMP query to the NAS to find out who is currently logged on and
figure out who has disconnected from that.

RADACCT is designed for exactly this job.  What sort of crazy NAS are
you using that doesn't support RADACCT?

--
-----
Graeme Hinchliffe (BSc)