What i need is failover for accounting and session tracking.
Auth will be done using LDAP.

Mirroring the DB is not possibe because accounting has alot of inserts,
that would need to have multi-master replication.

I would like to use application data mirroring instead, having 2
databases and both servers writing(acct)to both but not fail unless
both databases are not accessible, reading (session) from local
only and failover to the other DB in case of failure only.

Thanx
Paul