I have just compiled and installed a FreeRadius V1.0.1, with all the experimental modules (and esp. simtriplets).

I have configured it to use EAP-SIM authentication for one user.

I have tried to run the eam-sim test number 6 using "radeapclient" and I am now stuck on two problems:

  1) During authentication, the server says that it does not recognize the Autz-Type attribute set on my user in the "users" file (as recommended in the test documentation). I had to remove this attribute to go further.

  2) During authentication, the server says "Underlying EAP-Type set EAP ID to 0". I cannot explain and solve this message.

I have seen in http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-users/2004-June/033269.html that a patch could solve problem 2). I have looked at my EAP source code : the recommended patch has not been been applied to FreeRadius V1.0.1, though the message has been published before V1.0.0 release. Why ? Do I have to apply the proposed patch ?

According to the previous message, even if the patch is applied, it seems that some problems remain. Any idea to go further ?

In short : HOW TO CONFIGURE A FREERADIUS SERVER TO RUN THE EAP-SIM TESTS ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Max.