Gene Rouse wrote:

I have recently completed a freeradius install and tested it using
NTradping.  Everything looks good.  My access point is a D-Link DWL-2700AP
outdoor access point.  It supports (among other things) WPA-RADIUS and
802.1x.  The AP is configured to use 802.1x on port 1812 for auth and 1813
for acctg.  When I do a test with NTradping I can watch the requests come
in.  When I try to connect to AP I don't see any auth requests on the
server.  D-Link says the device is fully radius compliant.  In the
clients.conf I have the NAS configured as a type other since D-Link isn't in
the list with the other vendor's.  I would like to know at least where I can
get started troubleshooting the issue.  Is there a Windows software utility
that will let me read the info coming out of the NAS to see what it is
sending?  If more info is needed let me know so that I can forward it to the
list.

Is your wireless station using a supplicant to send a request, or are you only testing with NTRadPing? I don't think NTRadPing will work through the AP unless the connection is wide open as I guess it was in your initial tests. Have you enabled 802.1x authentication on your Windows station?

One thing that I don't understand yet is why Windows requires WEP before allowing 802.1x.